Recipe for russian borsch
Russian borsch recipe
1. Put the cooking broth of pork and beef 1: 1.
2. The washed meat pour clean cold water (3.5-4 liters) over high heat and bring to a boil. After this fire diminish to boiling quite a bit, remove the foam appears on the surface. Cook meat takes about 1.5 hours. When it can be easily pierced with a fork or a knife, it is ready.
3. Around the middle of cooking, add the bay leaf and peppercorns.
4. While the broth is cooked chop onions, carrots, beets, cabbage, celery.
Pour the bottom of the saucepan vegetable oil, warm up and put back all the chopped vegetables and vinegar (add immediately that the beet is not discolored).
While the vegetables are extinguished as soon as possible clean the skin from the tomatoes and rub through a colander to get fresh tomato paste. Add it to the rest of the vegetables to the same sugar, salt, vinegar, pepper and bay leaf. Simmer 20-25 minutes.
5. We spread our vegetable mixture into the finished broth. Boil for 5-10 minutes on low heat without closing the lid to borsch lost red color.
6. Borsch ready.